- Career opportunity: establish the HR function from the ground up
- Small, growing business contributing to healthy, happy, sustainable communities
- Great new location (Sydney Olympic Park), flexible part-time or full-time opportunity
Who Are We and What Do We Do?
At Civiq, we’re focused on building a better, safer and more sustainable future by ensuring everyone has easy access to fresh and clean drinking water. In public spaces, at school, at the gym, and when commuting, drinking water stations help people stay hydrated, encourage healthy lifestyles, and create happy communities. At the same time, they reduce single-use plastic waste, so it’s a Win-Win for everyone.
This is a great opportunity to "make your mark" in a new role. What’s more, we’re shortly moving to new premises in Sydney Olympic Park, with good access to public transport, facilities and on-site parking.
We’re seeking a suitably experienced HR professional who is excited about what we do to establish and manage a best-practice HR function that effectively contributes to our ongoing success while also ensuring we create and maintain a great place to work. While we’re a modest-sized business at this stage (approx. 28 staff), we have significant opportunities and plans for growth.
This is a new role, so presents an exceptional opportunity to apply the full range of your skills and experience to have a direct impact on our business, our team and the communities we serve. You will report to the Managing Director, will potentially be part of our management team, and will be responsible for a diverse range of activities including:
- Recruitment and onboarding
- Reviewing, drafting and communicating policies and procedures that help optimise performance and effectively manage risks
- Ensuring compliance with employment-related legislation
- Coaching and supporting managers to effectively manage their teams
- Workforce planning and talent management
- Remuneration management and payroll administration (payroll is outsourced)
- Proposing and implementing approved culture and engagement initiatives
Depending on your knowledge and experience, there’s also potential for you to play a role in further developing and managing our work health and safety systems and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
To succeed in this role we expect that you will have at least a few years of generalist HR experience and a genuine enthusiasm for contributing to healthy, happy, sustainable communities. Ideally, you will also have:
- A relevant qualification, or extensive experience
- A hands-on, practical and pragmatic approach to HR
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment-related legislation (Fair Work, Awards etcâ¦)
- Experience and maturity to contribute at a senior level and effectively manage potentially challenging situations
- Good computer skills, including some level of experience managing a HRIS such as EnableHR or Employment Hero
- The ability to operate independently and manage projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to engage with, coach and influence others
- Experience in and/or understanding of the commercial and other challenges and opportunities of HR in a small, growing, family-owned and operated business
- Ideally, some level of experience in a manufacturing / operations environment and exposure to WHS/quality/environmental systems.
What’s In It For You?
- Flexibility: this is potentially a 3-4dpw part-time (possibly school hours) or full-time opportunity
- Potential for hybrid work arrangements
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and relevant experience (FTE remuneration in the range of $90-$120kpa + super is indicative)
- Opportunity to "make your mark" by establishing a best-practice HR function in a small, growing and purpose-driven business
- Modern premises in Sydney Olympic Park: close to facilities, public transport, with on-site parking available
- Interesting work with a professional, supportive team.
This recruitment process is being managed by HR Success on behalf of our client. No agencies please.